Monday, July 25, 2016

Blueberry Banana Muffins (SCD, GAPS, Paleo)



As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm going to be doing a small series with recipes of the food I've been preparing and will be taking to Osheaga. Tonight, I'm sharing an original with you. I am a big fan of banana bread and banana muffin, usually the king with ooey gooey chocolate chips inside, but alas on SCD chocolate isn't allowed. These muffins certainly don't bring you down though, the blueberries really step up in place of the chocolate chips. These are honestly so amazing it's hard to believe that they are naturally sweetened with just ¼ cup of honey and grain free.

Blueberry Banana Muffins


Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
¼ cup apple sauce
¼ cup honey
2 Tb coconut oil melted
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
¼ cup frozen blueberries

Directions:

-  Heat oven to 350
1. Blend bananas with apple sauce, vanilla, eggs and and to stand mixer. Mix in honey and coconut oil
2. In a separate bowl mix together dry ingredients
3. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet, while stirring
4. Fold in blueberries
5. Grease 12 tin muffin pan with coconut oil, and fill tins 2/3 full
6. Bake 18-20 min

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment