Monday, July 25, 2016

Road trip food prep + Muffin recipe



I'm going on a week long vacation that involves a 12 hour drive (both ways) , a 3 day music festival that will run roughly 14 hrs/day (and likely have 0 food options for me) and then 3 more days just relaxing. Being on SCD, this is going to pose some serious problems, so what do I do? PREPARE, PREPARE, PREPARE! I woke up at 7 am and got right to work in the kitchen.

I made;
1 dozen zucchini/carrot muffins (SCD)
1 dozen banana/blueberry muffins (SCD)
2 dozen almond rosemary crackers (SCD)
2 dozen breakfast cookies (SCD)
Roasted 2 chickens
Started 2 pots of bone broth
And this evening I’m getting started with a batch of SCD yogurt, and some kale chips!
The muffins are adapted from Against All Grain


 Hidden Veggie Muffins


Ingredients:

¾ cup shredded zucchini
½ cup shredded carrot
½ cup apple sauce
3 eggs
¾ cup pitted dates soaked 10 min
2 cups almond flour
1 ½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp nutmeg
1tsp vanilla
¾ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
1.Wrap zuchinni and carrot in a towel or paper towel and let drain
2. In a blender or food processor, combine dates, apple sauce, vanilla and eggs
3. Slowly mix in almond flour, baking soda, cinnamon nutmeg and salt
4. Squeeze excess liquid out of zuchinni and carrot and fold into batter
5. Divide into 12 tin muffin pan, greased with coconut oil or lined with paper liners! Filling only 2/3 of the way.

I went the route of greasing the pan, and they were fairly hard to remove. I lost half of my bottoms, if I were to attempt these again the only thing I would change is to use muffin liners!

Over the next couple of days I’m going to share recipes of the foods I’m preparing for the trip, as well as a final review/guide for what to pack and prepare for travel! Let’s hope I can avoid any flare and enjoy this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment